During my time working at LAITS, I was tasked with redesigning the logo for the Biomedical Imaging Center at UT.
1. Reposition “Biomedical Imagining Center” text
2. Use a UT approved serif and/or sans serif font
3. Simplify the logomark
4. Logomark must scale down well
5. Variations: black on white, white on black
6. One variation where colored dots and changed to colors approved in the UT brand guidelines
7. No gradients
See comparison between old and new logo.
On the right shows the various logomark variations they asked for. The differences are very subtle. See blown up logomark below.